Friday, October 19, 2012

First Week at Work Recap

Well, I survived.  More importantly, Sean, Bryce & Ryan survived as well.  Everyone did so well this week.

Here's what is happening in the mornings:

  • Ryan wakes up periodically at 2am, 3am, and/or 4am.  She is not fully awake at these times and she's not hungry, but she tends to just wake up. So, like a horrible mother, I let her sleep next to me for those last hours, I mean, I need my sleep...  She'll typically doze back off with the help of a binky and being close to me-- except for Thursday.  Ryan and I were both awake at 3am that day-- guess who got to go back to sleep around 7am?
  • 5:15-5:20am-- I wake up to express milk while watching the news.  For those that are familiar, I typically pump about 10-11oz at this time-- totally a crazy amount.  Almost as much a can of coke.
  • 5:40am-- finish getting Ryan's bottles together for the day
  • 5:45am-- Ryan has usually woken Sean up by this point and is ready for her first bottle.  Sean feeds her.
  • 5:45am--shower and start getting ready for the day (hair/makeup)
  • 6am-- "Daddy, I'm poopy" is heard from Bryce's room repeatedly for about 10 minutes until we go in and get him.  It's funny because Bryce hasn't really gotten the concept of getting out of bed himself yet
  • 6:05-6:50am-- chaos ensues.  Getting Ryan ready (easy) and getting Bryce ready (not so easy these days).  Grab Bryce's lunch, sippy cups, Ryan's bottles, and binky and pack the car.  
  • 6:50am- I finish getting dressed and try on a few different shoes with the outfit I've chosen-- this takes at least 5-10 minutes, and I typically go with the first pair I put on.  (Thank goodness I'm not really a shoe princess so this helps to minimize mirror time).
  • 7-7:05am--  Sean and I load the car with babies.  I grab pump bag, phone, laptop.  Sean and I typically both have to go back inside the house to get something we forgot.  
  • 7:10am-- The Reedy family arrives at daycare (yes Reedy family, Sean and I have to both go since we are down to one car these days-- that's another story for another day.)
  • 7:10-7:20am-- get Bryce to sit in a little seat at the little table and eat his breakfast.  Get Ryan to the infant room, put her bottles in the fridge and get her set up either in her crib or in the swing or on the boppy.
  • 7:20am-- breathe a sigh of relief and Sean drives me to work
  • 7:40am-- Turning my computer on at my desk.  Thank goodness.
Just like our mornings, our evenings are just as crazy (if not more so, just due to the dinner/bath/bedtime structure).  

As for work, I really enjoy my job.  It's definitely fast paced and high stress, but I have a lot of fun in pharma marketing, and I definitely feel the need for this intellectual stimulation.  I know not everyone subscribes to this line of thinking, but I feel like I am a better mom with me working.  It makes me cherish my time with my babies when I have them, and it makes me want to continue to pursue my career to provide everything they want and need.  And, even more important for me these days-- it gets my head out of the 'maybe she'll hear me today' thinking for Ryan. Looking forward to more early mornings, long days, and weary weeks.  Thank goodness for caffeine.

No comments:

Post a Comment