Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Two Month Birthday!!

Happy Birthday Bryce! Today is his two month birthday and tomorrow he's officially NINE weeks old!!! Crazy!!! I seriously cannot believe how fast the time has gone and how big he's gotten!
So, at the doc's office this month (thank goodness he didn't pee on the scale) he made some great progress. Unfortunately it was 'man' time at the ped's office, and I didn't get to attend the appointment, but Sean did an excellent job of taking good mental notes and relaying them to me via text message during the appointment.
  • Weight: 11 lbs., 2oz-- 40 percentile for his age
  • Height: 23 inches-- 50th percentile for his age
  • He received several shots in his leg, and I'm proud to say he's such a little man and only screams for 5 seconds and then is just fine and happy again. (Weird kid, I mean who doesn't cry at shots?!?!) Overall, it was a success and Bryce is doing great!
  • Here's some extra stuff that we have been up to this month:
  • Bryce's best face is his little pouting face. He loves to pout-- he sticks his lower lip out and makes this face that reads, 'I'm mad, help me.'
  • He also smiles, but not that much yet. His best 'smiling' time is in the morning. He's so happy just watching us in the morning.
  • We have him on a pretty great schedule, as we are following the Baby Wise book, which is so great because he's becoming pretty predictable in terms of when he wants to eat. He's so great at his school and takes three bottles from them each day.
  • We had two glorious nights this week-- Monday night he slept 10 hours straight and Tuesday night he slept 8 hours straight! I'm loving the extra sleep, especially since I started work this week.
  • He's in 0-3 month clothing, although I'm finding that some of those brands run small, and he's starting to be too long for some things. I find this hard to believe, as his newborn clothes were sooo big on him at first, and there's no way he could fit in those now!
  • He's a tummy time fan!!! Although he likes it to take naps on more than he enjoys the actual pushing himself up! Too funny.
  • He's a big mirror fan. He enjoys watching himself in the mirror on his playmat. He'll stare into that thing for 20 minutes or until we pick him up.
  • The swing is our lifesaver-- when he's crying unconsolably, he goes straight to the swing, watches the mobile on the swing, and then he promptly falls asleep.
  • He loves his crib (thank God). He watches his mobile on his crib a lot and he also has an awesome Rainforest Soother that plays sounds for him to help him learn to self soothe himself.
We love him sooo much! And have sooo much fun with him.

As for me, I'm back at work this week, and as much as I wish I was spending time with Bryce, I'm also glad to be back to the grind. I enjoy my company and the people I work with, which makes it that much better. Sean and I have established a routine (somewhat) at home with Bryce in the morning and at night. It's totally different from before Bryce, as I used to be able to have time in the morning to workout-- not so much now, there's no working out here. The only other hard part about work is that I'm still pretty exhausted. It's definitely hard trying to stay awake after 3pm comes around (my previous nap time), but I'm sure I just need to get back in a routine and regulate my sleep schedule. My body is definitely not used to getting up at 5am right now.

Again, happy bday to my sweet baby boy. (Yes, I have become that person...the annoying proud mama!)

No comments:

Post a Comment