Sunday, February 27, 2011

So I was meandering in the grocery store last Saturday morning (a trip without Bryce)... and I was reminiscing about being pregnant again and all the cravings I had. At the time I really didn't think I had any cravings, but it's funny because looking back on it, I really did. Case in point-- Captain Crunch. When I was pregnant, I was always buying sugary cereals such as Captain Crunch, Reeses Peanut Butter Cereal, Lucky Charms, Cocoa Pebbles, and the like. And now, no craving for those. Weird.

It's crazy how life has changed post Bryce. It's all for good, but life is totally different.
I don't know what we did before him.

Let me just tell you about a typical evening:

1) Pick up Bryce from school. Sean almost always does this...thank goodness because they close at 6pm.
2) Clean bottles and food containers from the day at school. That would be three bottles and the four extra pieces that annoyingly accompany them, and then the two food containers and spoons. Oh yah, then all the stuff that I use to pump during the day-- the four pieces plus the bottles. We hand clean everything. This process takes about 15-20 minutes, if one is able to do this without having to watch Bryce...
3) Give Bryce a bath, or get him in his PJs...20ish minutes.
4) Give Bryce his dinner...10ish minutes.
5) Make bottles and food for next day. Defrost and pour all the milk into next days bottles, and make the food to go into the little containers...20ish minutes. And not to mention, making sure he has clean bibs and putting it all into the pack, so all we have to do is grab it going out the door.
6) Give Bryce is last bottle (now sippy cup) for the night: 10-20ish minutes depending on how hungry he is.
7) Put Bryce to bed. 10ish minutes if we read a book or two.

Somewhere in there we manage to eat dinner. And then, I still have to pump (again). Although Sean and I have a pretty good tag team going, we typically don't sit down until 8pm.
Typically, I'm in bed before 9pm, to get up and going by 5-5:15am. Tonight is a random night that I happen to be up...working, no less.

Being a full-time worker, a full-time mom, and a full-time pumper, I"m thinking that I need to give up one of these sooner rather than later. I'm thinking it's time to start weaning off the breast milk.

Six month doc appointment tomorrow. Six month pictures this weekend. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment