Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Spin Cycle

In the event that you didn't notice, or if you are new to the blog, we recently had a Reedy makeover.  I asked an expert blog designer to help remake my page so that I could easily keep up with it.  I chose not to have an 'About Me' section, as most likely you know me already, or at least you know Sean, Bryce, or Ryan.  Anyhow, I love how it turned out, the colors are fun and the design is simple enough for me and my simplest blogging style.

In choosing a new subtitle, Sean suggested, 'The Spin Cycle', which, I mean, is there a better way to describe our lives right now?  A two year old and a 3.5month old--'nough said.  Then, add on the extra layer of Ryan's hearing loss-- and it went from craziness normalized to craziness intensified.  Most of my vacation days are taken now not for rest/relaxation but for appointments or phone calls for Ryan.  Yesterday I spent more than two hours on the phone with the billing person at the hospital where Ryan goes for all her hearing appointments, the disability insurance persons, and Ryan's pediatrician.  It's my new second job working for Ryan's hearing.

I might sound like I complain a lot.  I probably do.  But, I really can't imagine my life without these kids and this family.  It's definitely more than I ever bargained for, but the fun moments make every second worth it. Despite my impatience with Bryce's growing love of cars (little cars driven all over my furniture), or his coloring on Ryan's dresser, or getting caught applying sunscreen all over him on a cold cloudy day (see pic below), I can't help but just love that little monster.  He's hilarious.  And it's so much fun just watching him learn and grow.  And despite the unexpected life that we'll be living with for Ryan's hearing, it's all worth it.  (At least I keep telling myself this.)

So, the Spin Cycle it is.  I'm sure many moms can relate, but in this moment, this tagline is claimed by me, Kate Reedy.

That's sunscreen on his cheeks and chin...he just got caught. 

No comments:

Post a Comment