Thursday, February 14, 2013

Out of Town

This week was interesting.  It was my first time out of town for more than one night.  I wouldn't say it was interesting because Sean was able to run the house the way he wanted to run the house, nor because I was receiving pics of Bryce and Ryan in sooooo uncoordinated outfits.  Nope, it was interesting for me because I came to the rationalization that if I can pump on a plane, I can do anything.  I swear, the things we do for our children.  I know everyone has their own story, but let me tell you just a few fun facts about the last four days.  And, keep in the back of your mind that each day I was either presenting in front of 60 people or in serious meetings where I wear my business 'mask'.  (Actually, my husband and my brothers would most likely argue that, my business 'mask' is probably less of a mask and more of who I actually am.)

Questions to think about:
- Did you ever see a man's face go to the bright color of red when he thinks he has to take out all the pieces in my pump bag just to re-run them through security again?  (This TSA agent could not have been older than 22.)
- Did you ever know that apparently, it is a big deal to get a fridge in your hotel room?  Um, yes, apparently.  Even if you specifically state that you are a nursing mother, the eye roll is just unreal.
- Did you know that one can pump over a gallon of milk in less than 4 days?  Yup.  And pumping on a plane is a new adventure.  'Nough said.
- Did you know that bringing back milk on a plane, in a cooler, with ice packs in a checked bag is a pain in the A$$?  And, BTW, since milk is a liquid, it does leak...yes, it does-- especially when you don't have a good top to the gallon.

Anyhow, I just thought that it would be fun to reenact my week.  On a seperate note, we are officially on for Ryan's surgery on March 4th.  Next week we pick out a manufacturer for her CIs.  That's a whole other blog in itself.

We are T-minus 17 days until Ryan's surgery.  Exciting and scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment