Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pre-Op Appointment

Well, pre opp appointment went really well.  Nothing really to report except Ryan girl is rockin.  She has a little bit of fluid left in her ears, so hopefully that will go away soon.  The surgeons took the tubes out of her ears before they began the surgery, but I would put some serious money on the fact that she will eventually have to have tubes again.  Sigh.  We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Also, we still have to keep her ears out of water, but since she's a baby, and considering she doesn't have a lot of hair, that's not to hard to manage.  Her little incisions are healing really great.  It's totally amazing how fast these kiddos bounce back.  Most of her swelling has diminished, but some still remains.  Now that's it's going down, we can totally see the hardware in her head.  Kinda cool.  (and weird.)  We are hoping for more hair any day now.  I mean, seriously.

So, on that note, let's move on to attitude.  I really think next Thursday is going to be interesting.  We are crazy excited about this time, but I really think she might look at me and do a face that says, 'really mom, not cool, I'm taking this off.'  She is so sassy these days, it's not even funny.  She's fussy immediately when she sees me because she wants me to pick her up.  Once I pick her up, she puts her hand on my face trying to push it way.  If she doesn't like something she picks it up and throws it.  If she doesn't want her food, she throws it on the floor.  Sigh, I think we have a little me.  At least she's little Miss Popular with all her friends.  That helps to have at least some of Sean's personality for sure.

Anyhow, this video below is one that I took a week ago right before we left the hospital:


This next video was taken yesterday on our way in the hospital to our pre-op appointment.


Then we have some pics as we were waiting for the doc...

No comments:

Post a Comment