Thursday, September 16, 2010

New Normals

Top Ten New Normals List:

(10) 8am is the time I used to get to work. Now, 12pm is the time I finally take a shower.
(9) My running club is where I used to meet people. Now, my weekly breast feeding class is where I meet new people with things in common (i.e. babies).
(8) My living room used to be decorated to my liking. Now, my living room is full of bouncy seats, swings, changing tables, and diapers. (it's still to my liking though)
(7) Hopping in the car, running to the Wawa (it's the equivalent to QuickTrip for all you Texas folk) to grab a Diet Dr. Pepper. Now, not going to the Wawa and suffering without the caffeine fix, or better yet having Sean run there for me.
(6) Life without a boppy (I didn't even know what this was). Now, I don't think I could function without the boppy.
(5) Not ever even thinking about forgetting a baby bag. Now, constantly forgetting the baby bag and going back home to retrieve it. (Ugh.)
(4) Never changing a diaper in my life. (yes, I know, pathetic.) Now, timing myself to see how fast I can change Bryce's diaper to prevent any type of crying fit. Success rate of 50%.
(3) Peacefully sleeping through the night with a bed time of 9pm and a wake time of 5am to go the gym. Now, waking up every two to four hours during the night and not going to bed until midnight or 2am most nights. Forget about the gym.
(2) Never thinking about a set schedule to operate around. Now, trying to predict Bryce's need for food, so we can go and run errands and get out of the house for a couple of hours.
(1) Hating to see people breast feeding public. Now, I'm the one breast feeding in public (no shame).

3 comments:

  1. I love this list!!! It is exactly describes my life, too... except I don't know if I can BF in public quite yet! Glad to know you guys are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds about right from my adventures in pediatrics! :) Hope you are well - miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete