Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby Reedy


On September 2nd. 2010 (otherwise known as 90210), we welcomed Bryce Martin Reedy into the world. He weighed in at 6lb. 14oz and was 20 inches in length.

Before his birth, we were getting prepared to have him! We still hadn't settled on a name at this point. These pics were taken around 2am on Sept 2nd, right after the epidural had kicked in.

Proud dad to be-- holding it together well :)

Proud to-be mamma-- putting on a happy face for a brief moment.


And then the big moment-- not until noon that same day! What a long and exhausting labor. I had started having contractions at 11am on Sept 1st, and didn't deliver until noon on Sept 2nd. Ahh! I was glad to have this little guy out of me.
We decided that he looked most like a Bryce Martin. So that's how we chose this wonderful name. It's so fun to actually hear people call him Bryce.

The Happy Reedy Family

Proud Dad-- The white thing around his arm is his IV. Both Bryce and I had to be on IV antibiotics following birth because I had a 102 fever.

This is the first pic of me with Bryce right after he came out. I could only hold him for about 10 seconds because my body was still shaking and I had to get sewn up (no less than 100 stitches) with severe second degree tears.

One of Bryce's first pics in the Nic U.

Bryce's first pic right after birth. Sean got some good playing and holding time with him right after birth while mom was recovering.


No comments:

Post a Comment