Wednesday, September 29, 2010

When there's 1 there will be a 2

No people, the title of this post does not mean I'm referring to having another child. Rather, it identifies the memorable moment Bryce created tonight.
He will be four weeks old on Thursday and his one month birthday is Saturday! It's crazy how time flies, I feel like I just got home from the hospital. Anyhow, I am trying to get Bryce to fall asleep in his bassinet around 7pm-8pm rather than falling totally asleep on me. So, I have been letting him doze off after he eats, and then I put him in his bassinet...inevitably, he cries. Sometimes he wails. I spend the next couple of hours trying to soothe him, then I feed him again and, finally, after another hour of crying after he's finished eating he falls asleep-- usually around 11pm. Anyhow, this exhausting process has been going on for the last several days. (I might add, that all day long he's a perfectly happy baby and barely let's out a peep-- these crying fits only happen during the evening.)
So, tonight I decided to try something else. I decided to give him a nice warm bath (which he LOVES), feed him, then put him down, thinking that he'll be nice and comfy and happy and he'll fall asleep easier in the bassinet. Usually I reserve his baths for the morning time, so I thought I would switch it up. Okay, so let me just tell you about the bath tonight-- you'll soon understand the title of this post. The thing about boys is that they shoot ya A LOT. Whenever we lift up that diaper, I at least get hit' 10% of the time. (Pee Pee T-Pees are really no help either....it shoots up like a fountain with a cap on when you use those.)
I am always ready for him to shoot me, especially when he's having a bath. No worries, I can handle this and I can control the direction of the shooting. What I can't control is him going number 2 in the bath. WTF?!?! Who poos in a bath? Of course my Brycie does! EWWWW! Immediately after he pees, he pooped-- in the bath tub! Yes, he did.
So, being the single mom I am this week (Sean is in Chicago for business). I pick up sopping wet Bryce, and hold his slippery body in one hand, while I'm trying to rinse out the darn tub and clean it with the other. Oh, and I think I forgot to mention, that this all happened at the end of the bath. Ugh. After five minutes of Bryce struggling and sliding around in my arm, and cleaning the tub out with the other, we started from scratch.
I'm sure Bryce will be embarrassed one day when I let him know what he did-- and probably more embarrassed to know that people actually read about it! Ha!
Ahh, the memories...I just hope this one doesn't happen again! Wow!

I have more pics, but need to charge the camera. I'll get those nursery pics posted too-- people have been asking to see it!

1 comment: