Saturday, December 25, 2010

Bryce's First Christmas

You might be fooled by how great of parents you think Sean and I are to Bryce. But let me just tell you how not awesome we are.

Let's start from the beginning. First, Sean, Bryce and I ventured over to Ridgway, Colorado this year for Christmas. My parents bought a vacation home up on this mountain where there are members of a golf country club. The home is also about 35 miles away from the popular ski resort of Telluride.

The plane ride went really well for the most part. We had to leave the house at 4am the morning of the 23rd, where we caught our flight from Philly to Atlanta. Although long lines awaited us at the airport, checking in and getting through security was virtually painless. Bryce slept much of the flight and we were so lucky because Sean and I got a row of three to ourselves. Once we arrived in Atlanta I had to find a place to pump-- fun times. Accomplished.

Our layover was short lived (thank goodness), and despite our plane waiting in line on the runway, the airlines were on time for the most part. The second part of our trip was 3.5 hours, and Bryce was getting so ancy because he was so tired since we were up so early and he really didn't have quality sleep on the first flight. Thank God that this flight was also not full, and after a 20 minute temper tantrum, I moved to an open row of two where I could lay Bryce on his back in the seat next to me...lifesaver. I think everyone on the plane also appreciated it.

Okay, so here is the bad parenting. Since we have been here (a total of three days and two nights), Sean and I have been skiing our little hearts out. Up at the crack of dawn to get in two full days of skiing-- grammy is heaven watching our baby, so I don't feel bad there. I do feel bad about leaving him with her today-- CHRISTMAS-- of all days to hit the slopes.

Oh well, he'll live and he'll never remember. Anyway, I think we're celebrating Christmas more tomorrow when my brothers arrive.

I'll definitely take some pics of the new area. We all love it-- such a great getaway and so much fun being only 45 minutes away from a great ski mountain.

We hope everyone had a wonderful and blessed Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment