Saturday, July 10, 2010

First Trimester

First Trimester--

Possibly the most un-fun three months of my life. Thank goodness I had a lot going on at work, which was a blessing in disguise as the fast paced environment helped to keep my mind off of the unending 24/7 nausea. For the most part, I managed to keep my slowly growing belly a secret at work mainly by sticking to bathrooms other than the one on my floor. This trimester was also hard because I went from being a very active gym rat to one that went to bed at 7pm and woke at 7am, just about 7 days a week. Poor Sean, he gained ten pounds this first tri-mester-- I think I gained about five. Although we were VERY excited about our upcoming baby, and my friends would guess which gender it would turn out to be, I remember thinking to myself, I just don't know how women do this, will this feeling of nausea and tiredness ever end?? Sean even treated me to the 1pm showing of the Kirov ballet for Valentine's Day in Washington D.C., which was the best present ever, but he thought I wasn't going to make it because I didn't get up until the last second possible just in time to catch a quick bite to eat and make our way right into the theatre. (Which, if you know me, this never happens...)

No comments:

Post a Comment