Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Things People Say

1) At the Gym, July 25th: I'm getting off the elliptical and the lady next to me says, "Whoa, I couldn't even tell you were pregnant from behind".... My reply, 'Thanks' and I'm thinking to myself how nice of a compliment that is since I still have 6 more weeks until Cobra makes his debut. Then, she continues commenting, "You must be due like within the week!"... My reply, 'Um actually, I have about six more weeks', and I'm thinking, man this stinks.

2) Trying on Clothes in Houston, July 3rd: I'm pretty excited that I can still wear normal day dresses, and I found this dress in a little boutique that my mom and I frequent every time I'm in Houston. It's about 60%-70% on sale off of the retail price, so I tell the lady (who we see every time we're in the store as she is the owner of the cute little trendy spot) that I want to try on the dress. She proceeded to tell me that the dress does not stretch and that I would need a couple of sizes bigger, etc etc etc. She goes on to say, 'Look at me, I can't even fit into a size Small-- I have to at least wear a Medium in that dress.' Okay, first of all, I would have not wanted to try on the dress unless I could tell the fabric would stretch-- duh! And second, this lady was at least 50 pounds heavier and four inches taller than me! Ugh! Anyhow, my mouth was dropped by her comment, and I grabbed my mom and told her that we were leaving the store and then I said loud enough for the owner to hear me, "I'm never coming back to the store because the people running the place are the rudest." I was livid. Seriously, how rude.

3) Picking out the DayCare, June 26th: We finally found a perfect little daycare, which happens to be very close to our house in Wayne (with a monthly payment of more than our mortgage payment on our former house in Fort Worth). As we are putting a deposit down to save a spot for little Cobra at the beginning of November, the day care owner/manager is telling us that it's a good idea to start him a week before we (or I) go back to work. She explains that this is extremely hard, especially on first time parents because they have to leave their child for the first time. As her voice softens, she goes on to say that I should drop him off on his first day, go get coffee, come back and check on him, go get lunch, make an afternoon stop to see him, etc. I am starting to choke up as she is explaining this because I know this will be a hard day for me. As I'm thinking how tough this will be for me, I look over at Sean and he's wiping his tears away. I started to laugh, remembering that my Sean is the emotional one of us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment