Saturday, August 21, 2010

Are You For Real!?!?

And yet another episode of 'I CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT PEOPLE SAY OUT LOUD TO PREGNANT WOMEN!'.
Friday morning I was at the gym (as per usual) getting my workout in before work. Although the workout regimin is much slower and not as intense, I still feel better physically when I make it to the gym. The first trimester I definitely exercised the least, as I spent most of my mornings thinking that I was not going to make it through several more months of this whole pregnancy thing. And, to add more misery to that first trimester, only a very select few of people new my situation at work, and thus anyone feeling sorry for me was out of the question.
As soon as second trimester hit however, the energy slowly came back, and I was able to go back to the gym and get a decent sweat in. Anyhow, I digress...

So, I'm walking out of the gym on Friday morning, starting to rush because it's already 6:30am, when some lady I see across the parking lot yells out to me, "Wow! Holy Cow! Are you having twins?!?!' My first thought was, "Are you for real lady?!?!", but I, unlike this lady, can control my thoughts, and rather I answer back to her with a laugh and smile and say 'Um, no. No way.' As if that wasn't enough, she yells again, 'Well that baby is ready to come on out then!' All I can do is laugh. I mean, seriously!?!? The things people say...

At 37.5 weeks, do these pics this look like someone who is having twins?


Just to clear up any confusion people-- there is ONE heartbeat besides mine in this growing stomach. And even though I may start to look like I am having twins, I am definitely not. This is not to say that I don't LOVE the idea of having twins because, how great is it to get two for the price of one pregnancy?!? Anyhow, no twins this time around.

Another fun event Sean and I went to was a birthday party last night for a friend we have made here in PA. Sean plays golf with him pretty regularly. It was really fun with many people giving us lots of advice, which we have both gotten used to by now. (Well, I have gotten used to by now anyway, Sean couldn't believe how many people just wanted to talk about how to help make our lives easier.) One of my most favorite words of advice for Sean was that 'in the delivery room, just stay above the equator. This way you just see the same thing she does when that kid pops out.' I laughed so hard at this! I know Sean is just so excited, but we'll see how well he does in the delivery room :)


No comments:

Post a Comment