Friday, August 6, 2010

Wow, 30 Days Left (But Who's Counting?)

Can you believe it? I certainly can.

It's August 6th and I am literally counting down the days. I cannot even express in words how excited I am to have my own body back, and of course, meet little Cobra-- that's important too. I'm ready for my ribs to stop hurting-- as that seems to be his most favorite spot to kick. Imagine a moderate tap on the inside of your ribs, over, and over (and over). I think I may have the biggest bruise on the inside of my right rib cage. And, although I haven't noticed any stretch marks, my skin is definitely a nice shade of reddish pink on that right rib. The good news is, that he has started to drop just a bit as I'm definitely feeling more pressure and the bathroom is being frequented more and more often.
I can also definitely tell you that I am SO over my maternity wardrobe. I'm going to do everything in my power not to visit the local Pea in the Pod anymore before Cobra's debut. Although, going to the King of Prussia mall is completely purposeless unless I visit this store. So, I think I need to find a new hobby-- non mall related-- in my last four weeks here... I'm sure Sean would agree.
Although I'm pretty sick of being pregnant, it's still kind of fun to anticipate the little face and body (and hair if any). We haven't had an ultrasound since week 20 (see pic below), and if he continues to develop the way he looked at that point, this kid will be a spitting image of Sean. It's also fun to think about his little personality-- hopefully he'll have the best of both of us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment