Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Trend: Hospital Gowns

So, as I have been researching 'what to expect' when in labor, I have decided that having my own hospital gown is a must do. So yes, I ordered a hospital gown from amazon.com-- two of them. One for labor and delivery and one for after all the mess (i.e. recovery). The reason I even ordered one for labor and delivery was because I figure that immediately after I have the child, he'll be put on my chest (skin to skin contact), and I have to have the cute gown on then for any pics that Sean will be taking-- that is, pending on him not fainting during the whole dramatic event.
So the hospital gown I ordered is from Amazon.com, and it's pretty cute-- and yes, I ordered the exact same gown twice. If you know me, I'm a plain and simple fashionista opting for the blue polka dots. So when you see the (awful, sweaty) pics of me immediately after Cobra is born, just know that the hospital gown I have is picked out by Kate.

In other news, we toured the Bryn Mawr hospital this week-- which although nice, I must say it is a far older hospital than those in Fort Worth or Plano (Texas, that is). I guess I expected more lavish rooms with HD TVs and computers for Facebooking, etc., but not here. The TVs are probably from 1990, and I'm hoping that they at least have the MTV channel so I can keep up with 'The Situation' on the Jersey Shore.

No pics this week people-- just keep imagining a basketball stomach getting bigger and bigger. And the basketball likes to kick me in the ribs, not allowing for any sleep-- I thought this no sleep thing was supposed to happen after the kid was born.

2 comments: