Tuesday, August 31, 2010

39th Week Check Up

I'll spare ya'll the pic this time. Picture me, stomach growing and stretching...

I have to be quite honest, today's appointment was a little disappointing. I saw the Nurse Practitioner, Tara, at today's appointment (who I must say, totally rocks). Although she was quite perky, there was virtually nothing new going on that I didn't already know about.
After telling me that I'm still 2cm dilated (which makes two weeks at that point now), and 70% effaced, her next comment was 'don't worry, we won't let you go longer than a week.' A week!?! A whole week?!? Whoa, I don't know if I can take any more clock watching, and going to the bathroom every 5 minutes.
Anyhow, we are definitely trying to enjoy the last few days by just spending some quality time together. Too bad I'm so exhausted, or else, we would be doing a lot more active things. Instead, movies, TV and books seem to be the norm lately :)

And the wait continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment