Thursday, October 21, 2010

Double Digits

Today we entered double digits! Yay! At seven weeks Bryce is exactly 10lbs, 1oz. Yes, he's getting to be my little chunk. Chunky monkey to be more specific. He's also getting so long-- we haven't measured him in awhile, but his pants are now fitting appropriately. Previously I was having to roll his pants either at the waist or I would have to cuff them at the bottom. No longer!
On another positive note, I have recovered from mastitis! Another big Yay! Antibiotics are a God send, and I am feeling much better. I have a lot more energy, despite the night feedings. I'm just glad I didn't give up on the whole breast feeding thing because I really am getting the hang of it now and would hate to give up all that hard work. (But I can see how women do give it up after having mastitis because it's pretty friggin painful.)

Next week Bryce starts daycare and I am officially on the countdown until I go back to work on November 1st. We are starting him a week before I return just to get into a solid routine, and for us to get used to someone else taking care of our little guy. I really can't believe how fast the time has gone. I feel like it was just August and I was counting down the days until I left work to have a baby! Crazy! I'm definitely feeling the itch to get back as I could use a good dose of intellectual stimulation. Oprah is just not doing it for me.

Couple of pics from this past week:

Bryce likes to wave his hands in the air!

My FABULOUS boys:

Mom's favorite little man! Look at that hat. He'll hate me one day for all those hats!

Gramps Krenz! My dad came up this past weekend!


Grammy Krenz! They both have their hands in the air!


Also, I made my blog so that everyone can post comments. I figured out how to make it available for anyone. You don't have to 'sign in' or have an account to post something, so go for it!

4 comments:

  1. Just posting a comment... I do read your blog every week, which I LOVE all the updates & seeing my cute little nephew- Bryce! Look at those CHUNKY Cheeks :o) hee hee hee Wow I can't believe he is 7 weeks already! Glad that you are feeling better & hope to talk to you soon! :o) Love, Sarah and the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Testing, testing!

    i have tried to post a message numerous times before, failed every time. i hope this will be posted so that momma reedy can read it! Bryce is so adorable. i cannot wait to meet him in person! -Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics Katie :) Glad to hear you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sam and Jean! So glad I'm feeling better too! Bryce is fun and a handful!

    ReplyDelete