Thursday, October 14, 2010

Good News / Bad News

Bad News First:
Okay, so I'm not sure how this happened, but I've somehow managed to get mastitis. Ugh. Last night I woke up shaking, chills, and with a very very very tender breast. At first I thought I was just getting sick, but after the chills wouldn't stop and I was in a bit of agony I got online and looked up mastitis. And yup, after calling my OB, she confirmed that this is what I had and promptly started me on antibiotics for ten days. All the symptoms are the same as the flu-- fever, chills, no appetite, but hopefully the meds will kick in and help out sooner rather than later. The plus side is that my parents are here, so that will help out a TON with Bryce.
So how does this happen? There are several different reasons this happens, including (but not limited to) a blocked milk duct, Bryce's saliva, and Bryce not finishing the milk.

Good News:
Bryce has started to go down at a consistent bedtime! Yay! He's getting the hang of just going to sleep on his own. I know it's a process, but we've started the adventure in bedtime. Thanks to all my friends' advice, it's been so encouraging.

That's all for now, going to put some heat packs on my chest. Ugh.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear the bad news. I was having a little issue yesterday but I think it resolved itself. Glad to hear your parents are there to help! I want to know what you did to make Bryce go to bed... please share the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First...YEA that you fixed the comments!! But the texts were fun!!
    Second...I knew he would get it! See, so fast. :) Way to go Bryce! I'm so proud of you Katie! Love you!

    ReplyDelete