Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Things I will miss upon going back to work (Non Bryce Related)

Kind of sad-- I return to work on Monday, as Bryce is already eight weeks and I have elected to return back to work (mostly because I enjoy my paycheck, and they stop paying me at 6 weeks). Anyhow, I have had a fun run spending so much time with Bryce and Sean, but alas, that time has come to a close. I wanted to share with you all some of the things that I will miss.

My Personal (Non-baby) List of Things I will miss upon going back to work:
10) The gym during the mid-morning hours. I love watching and laughing (internally) at the sassy stay at home moms during the 9am hour. Dressed in their $200 Lululemon outfits, they arrive and pretend to workout (most times with a trainer) in full make-up, hair down and styled, wearing their beautiful Cartier watches. It's pure entertainment-- who needs a TV or an I-pod for distraction?!?! By the way I'm not hating on Lululemon, as it's officially my favorite lounge clothing, but I can't afford a new outfit for each day at the gym!!!
9) Going to the grocery store mid-week and mid-day rather than the weekends or at the beginning or end of the day. How awesome is it to feel like I'm not weaving in and out of crowds just to get to the grapes?!?! Plus, there is NEVER a line at the deli...oh, how I will miss this.
8) Not wearing any makeup or fixing my hair, and not caring about it. If you know me, this is very out of character for me, and yet, I have fully embraced going to the mall without any makeup or hair done. (In typical 'mom' fashion!)
7) Speaking of mall-- although I didn't do this very often (shocker, yes, I know)-- going to the mall midweek, similar to going to the grocery store, is great. That's if you can get over every sales person approaching you because your the only one in the store...bit annoying. But nonetheless, I love the non-hectic shopping experience.
6) Playing with Rudy, my precious yorkie, during the day! He's been loving having mom home despite some jealousy issues. I'll miss my pup going back to work.
5) Going to lunch with people. I loved setting my day around who I was going to lunch with! Whether it's Sean, my work colleagues or my neighbor who's a nurse, I will miss this. I've gotten to try several new places in Wayne that I hadn't before.
4) Daytime TV. Grey's Anatomy reruns, what would I do without you? And thank goodness for Oprah-- although I must say I'm a bit disappointed on the show subjects for her her final 25th year.
3) Enjoying my mom's company for three weeks over the last couple of months. She was so helpful with Bryce, especially during the first two weeks after birth. She took night shifts when he had his days mixed up with his nights.
2) Naps! I will definitely miss my naps!
1) Hoda and Kathie Lee!!! I have really come to LOVE this show. I will miss not just lounging around and watching them and laughing during my mid-morning nursing session with Bryce. I may even buy Hoda's book!

No comments:

Post a Comment